Many Thanks James/FB Forum Posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Thanks James/FB Forum Posters

James: I wanted to take another moment and thank you for developing this forum and to also thank those who take the time to regularly post on the FB forum like Canuck Jim.

I was showing a friend my Horno del Lena (wood fired oven) the other day and he asked how I knew what I was doing. I responded that my wife and I have always loved to cook and have been willing to try many new recipes an techniques. It wasn't that hard.

Then, on reflection, I told him that I'd found the Forno Bravo forum and had learned a lot before I'd fired it up. That's very true...without the FB postings I'm sure I would have not had all the successful pizzas, breads, meats and vegetables that we have enjoyed and shared.

Thanks to you and all you posters. Learning, Experimenting, and Sharing...
    May you alll have many successful firings.

XJim
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Many Thanks James/FB Forum Posters

I'll second that.

In researching my oven, I found many websites and manufacturers and builders. Some were local to the USA, some downunder and many from Italy. I even stopped by to meet James, who could not have been more cordial and helpful that day that I showed up out of the blue.

And no where can be found a group such as we have here. I start my day reading this forum. And I have spend many a weekend, inspired by what I have found here.

My hats off to James and all of the rest of us.

J W

Comment

James,
      Thank you for this wonderful forum, I have gained so much from the forno bravo website only wish saw the pictures when I was stumped on builing my roof some great stuff here!!
      John

Comment

I know my build would not be going nearly as smooth or worry-free if I weren't able to hit up the forum for advice!

Comment

It just goes to show that from a necessity, comes a good idea, with great response from an enthusiastic group of participants.
          On ya James!!!
          I am also aware of a lot of the other WFO sites but none compare with this one. I am not normally one for forums as they often get out of hand but a select few members, but this one keeps on keeping on with ideas, help to others and all for free!!! A big bonus for those budget builders especially in today's economic environment.

Neill
          Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
          Neill’s kitchen underway
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Thanks guys,
            I appreciate that. Keep building and having fun.
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James

I have to jump in as well. If it were not for this forum my out door kitchen would be minus a WFO. Thanks James and all who contribute to make it possible.

Mannextdoor

Comment

Originally posted by mannextdoor View Post
                Thanks James and all who contribute to make it possible.

Mannextdoor
                Ditto - When I came across this site, I was looking for oven kit's. Paul and Robert (two of the first builders that have long since passed) gave me the bug to build my own. The plans evolved from those days and every week we see a clever improvement. Thanks Again James!

Les...
                Check out my pictures here:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I've got to say thanks too - I had wanted a brick oven for years but I would never have taken the leap from dream to reality if not for the pompeii plans and the support of the WFO community here on this forum!

Sarah

Comment

I totally agree. Since this is Thanksgiving time, I also want to say "thanks" to James and others who allowed me to walk through the process of building something that I knew nothing about!

Comment

I can attest to the other site thing, when I was doing my inital research on the oven I came across a few sites that nearly deterred my desire to build. This one makes it seem if not easy, totally doable!

Comment

What, there are other sites?
                        Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                        My oven build thread

Comment

Not that you need to know about!

Comment

James, I could rattle on, but just suffice it so say thank you so much. This forum and the work you do is just fantastic. Change my life, and definitely changed my plans for an oven (not to mention my plans from whom I will buy bits to build and go along with it!). You are providing a wonderful thing here, and I can't thank you enough for it!

Travis
                            TravisNTexas

Comment

Well, I don't want to be the only one that doesn't chime in on this one! I agree with all the thank yous and I need to add that the first time a looked at the FB building Instructions PDF, I read that you don't have to be a master mason to build one of these from scratch. With help from the fine community here- it's a fact! No chance that a novice like me could build an oven without FB. I would have kept ordering from Dominos!
                              Check out my oven progress here: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/phot...dex.php?u=4147

See ALL of my pictures here:
                              http://picasaweb.google.com/Brevenc/...OutdoorKitchen

Comment

Working...
                              X