Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to say my oven is 36" Thanks for the help

Comment

I been trying to post from my phone with pictures not working comes out as visitor post not showing up have to figure it out sorry

Comment

Here is a picture hopefully of my top slab poured

Comment

I think I might’ve figured out how to post pictures maybe here’s a picture of my top slab and set up for floor and insulation arch width 19 inches then 13 1/2 inches for vent

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Harrington View Post
            I think I might’ve figured out how to post pictures maybe here’s a picture of my top slab and set up for floor and insulation arch width 19 inches then 13 1/2 inches for vent
            That's a mighty big opening for a 36". The height should be more like 11 1/4" to stick to the 63% height ratio. The width just seems wide, unless you need/want it that wide for a reason.
            My Build:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Agree with NC Man on arch height. Right now you are running at 76% If looks like you have fairly large shims for the arch release that can be adjusted to reduce arch height. Up to 65% is a good rule of thumb.

Now that you have a template down you might want to experiment with peel reach. I cannot tell for sure but the depth into the oven appears quite deep.
              Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 08-22-2021, 11:37 AM.
              Russell
              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I can get it down to 11 1/4 smaller shims it is a 12 now.The width is nineteen wide for arch form what should it be?. How deep should vent entry be I have 4" of space then 13.5 for vent 1.5 bricks 13.5''.I will fix form height and post new picture if I can get that to work. Thanks

Comment

Here is a picture without form 11 1/4 inches there is 4 inches before vent area starts I can bring it 3 1/2 inches closer to the end of the top slab

Comment

The width is not as big of a deal as the height, but generally, the entire opening should be as small as is feasible, to minimize heat loss. Everyone has a different view of what the width should be, but you definitely want to be able to comfortably tend to both your food and fire. I personally have found that 17" works best, but it's up to you. You obviously only get one chance to do it, so I'd give it lots of thought. It just may be that 19" is good for you. Better to have it a bit wider than to make it too narrow, for sure.
                    My Build:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

There is some confusion on my end, so let's talk strictly the inner arch dimension, critical height of the arch should be 63-65% of the interior dome height, ie 36" ID - 18" dome height (assuming high dome config) so inner arch height rule of thumb height 11.34 to 11.7 +/- width as NC say not as critical and more builder's preference.

Now, vent landing dimensions, on a 36" oven suggested chimney will be 6" ID the vent area will eventually narrow down to an area equivalent to the area of a 6" circle. You can go with a 13.5" vent depth if that is what you want. As I mentioned you need to do a pretend peel loading to see how you access will be, use a broom or something similar. Too deep makes it hard to reach towards the back.
                      Russell

Comment

I figured I needed 13.5 for a brick and a half I posted a couple a years ago that I got a 8" double wall stainless pipe for 30.00 I figured I save money and was told I could use it but if it going to make it harder and make access harder I will just go with 6''. So with that said How would I go with less than 13.5 just with 9'' one brick. I thought I had it all figured out and I am glad I talked to you gays first.I was going to cut insulation today and start cutting floor bricks today but have to figure out oven placement first. Appreciate all your help and thank you

Comment

You can go with 8" since you have it, 6" is just the min. So if it were me use what you have no need to spend more money to buy a 6" DWSS. A 8" mounting plate (selkirt) is 11.25" square with a 8" ID opening, I am sure other brands are similar in size. I am not sure why you need to go with 13.5" are you using 1.5 bricks? Are you doing a thermal break?
                          Russell

Comment

I don’t nee to go to 13.5 I just thought that was what I was supposed to do if I use the 8 inch inner diameter pipe which is 9.5 outer Dimensions my bricks are 2 3/8 wide not 2 1/2 x 9 long At 13.5 is too long what do you suggest

Comment

How were you intending to fasten the 8" DW SS chimney? Anchor plate is most common method so you need to get the chimney to fit the anchor plate. This can be done when you transition from the vent arch (curved) to the chimney base (flat) there are several ways to accomplish, you just need to search and find the one that works for you. JR did a serpentine style, I did a more angular transition. Bottom line, the vent end point needs to have at least the same area and the 8" area of a circle.
                              Russell

Comment

So if I go with the 8 inch vent pipe what would be the smallest length I can go for ..the vent area. I probably won’t go with the serpentine vent probably go the way that you went. Or is there something in between in case I decide to go with 6 inch and not the 8 inch pipe

Comment

Working...
                                X