No announcement yet.

My 36" corner build with Argentine Grill and spit roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still out of level on outside edge yet round and level on inner edge .??i think back bricks are steeper angle.

Comment

Jonv I can't find the rest of your build only one photo of arch in gazebo

Comment

It should be hiding under 'brick oven photos':

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-2m-dome/page7

Comment

You don't look far out of level there. Mine is drifting a bit as I near the top, with an accumulation of small errors. Without an IT it would be hard to set the angles the same, but I don't think it will matter too much...

Comment

Your builds looking good we will prob finish dome about the same time.il post more pics tomorrow.

Comment

Gona have to give it a tiggle with the angle grinder to get the keystone to taper and lock in place

Comment

I've got a tub of ready mix fire cement over should I use it up on the outside of dome?as a sort of render layer it needs 300 deg to cure properly I thought it might add some strength to the structure any thoughts anyone??

Comment

Also was going to use a 7" round stainless flu will this be large enough I want chimney to draw well as I'm very close to the house any recommendations? I can get 6 inch may be able to get 8 inch at a push what do you guys think?

Comment

If you look at the FB plans, it shows that 32-36" oven uses 6" ID chimney.
                    Russell
                    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Looking good. Getting close to that keystone - are you planning on putting a large block in there?

Comment

Yep saw that6 inch would be ok upto 36inch but my thinking was to make it as easy as poss for smoke to exit right next to kitchen and neighbors also near 20 ft away

Comment

yep gonna try and create a hexagonal plug after adjusting last course

Comment

will you finish this weekend.im 50 on sat so will try and make it a double celebration.

Comment

Congratulations x 2

You're a bit ahead of me now... I have a skinny friend coming to help me cut and fit the keystone next Thursday, if I'm ready. I'm a little portly to squeeze into the oven

Comment

Any thoughts re the flu size? Does having a flu over sized ie7" instead of 6" affect the performance of the draw of smoke?

Comment

Working...
                                X