No announcement yet.

My 36" corner build with Argentine Grill and spit roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok will do I'm hoping that by using the mesh instead of chicken wire the render will be less likely to crack using premixed castable with insulating properties in it from kilnlinings uk .Proberbly going to paint dome white not tile as Im toying with replicating a splashback that I've done before on the walls behind dome.
    just to clarify should I let oven cool down completely before I render.?

Comment

• I would, simply to avoid speeding the drying out of the render.

Comment

• Will do next coat in 10 days time shape almost there the castable render had vermiculite in it so more insulation can't hurt. It was very sticky easy to work with could even work from the top down excellent product ordered ten bags only used two so far properly have 6 or6 over.

Comment

• It's looking great. The render looks smooth and easy to place.
          Just a few weeks behind your schedule. Shooting for Labor Day.
          I will be rendering in a couple weeks. I've seen people using a concave trowel/float for the dome shape. Any idea where one would find something like that?

Comment

• I'm in u.k so no idea where you would buy one.You would probably have to make one.I've made a plywood template that will rotate on a pole to give a more accurate guide .I will just use a small float then sponge finish it .good luck with your buid

Comment

• Still waiting for stainless steel to make glass oven door.finished render coat one hairline crack which I filled started curing process today steam vent working well cedar door working well will post pics tomorow

Comment

• Been a while will update pics of finished oven and grill

Comment

• Comment

• Will post pics of various parts of Argentine grill later finally welded and polished it up

Comment

• Comment

• Work in progress want to be able to spit roast a chicken ,kebabs on rotisserie and meat on grill

Comment

• Got lots of bits I’ve been collecting over the years will incorporate them idea being to use pizza oven for baking and pizza then use the charcoal in fire pit for bbq should be ok all theory at the moment will be fun trying out various options.

Comment

• Still got lots to add this year before full time use next spring must make splash back behind grill extractor fan above fix heat proof ceramic glass and make pizza oven glass door .

Comment

• That is a serious rotisserie, Costco size. Very nicely done.
                              Russell
                              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Your Argentine grill/rotisserie is awesome! Looks to me like you are going to need to write a pretty substantial "user's manual" to document all the options you've incorporated into its design.

Keep us posted on what you cook on this beast. Seems almost like you're going to have to toss a coin to decide whether to use the WFO or the grill each outing since they both are going to be such fabulous and interesting "party cookware".
                                Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
                                Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
                                Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
                                Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X