Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation

In order to correct my English, I want to talk about the construction of my summer outdoor kitchen in the Moscow region. (for the Russian for “outdoor kitchent” mean “summer kicthen”. It is due to the harsh climate. But I am going to cook in winter too!) Making pizza and bread only in the house, I plan to. Therefore, in the outdoor kitchen is available only wood stove for cooking pilaf (the national dish of Central Asians from meat (mostly lamb), rice, onions, carrots and spices) and grill for cooking shashlik, kebab, barbeque.
    Here is my draft oven and canopy. The canopy will also be used to enter the house.

If anyone is interested I will tell more. I would be grateful for corrections of my English.
    Last edited by valentin; 06-26-2014, 10:07 PM.

Re: Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation

Ground in construction specialties - clay that winter freezes to a depth of about 180 cm. In clay freezing increases in volume. As a result, foundations buried to a depth less than the depth of freezing emerge from the ground. For an inhomogeneous volume change occurs distortion clay foundations and their destruction.

Foundation for the oven can be done by removing the soil to a depth of freezing and replacing it with sand. Putting on top of reinforced concrete slab thickness of 300 mm. But I had to remove the remnants of the old porch - brick fragments.

Therefore, dug a hole size of 1200 x 2200х2000 mm,

packed in layers in the remnants of the destroyed her porch, linking them with cement mortar

and concrete slab poured on top of a thickness of about 800 mm.

Wooden kitchen design based on concrete pillars with a diameter of 200 mm. Buried 2000 mm. As permanent formwork used pipes.

Hired to perform the work Tajiks (Central Asians) that the day of hard work take 30 USD per person. Foundation work cost me 300 USD.
    Last edited by valentin; 06-30-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

This is rezult - foundation of my outdoor kitchen.

Comment

Hi valentin
        it makes me appreciate our very mild winters here in South Australia as we rarely even get to freezing point let alone have it penetrate 2 metres into the ground. Guess that I'm lucky as we can use our ovens all year round and when compared to your winters, even sit outside in the open or under my outdoor kitchen any day that we wish. Even on the coldest days, I could still enjoy sting outside with a chiminea or similar to keep arm by even though there is plenty of heat that comes out the oven.
        Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Valentin,

Thank you for sharing pictures of your build. Looks like pizza and cooking is a universal language. I will be following your build closely.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by nissanneill View Post
            Hi valentin
            it makes me appreciate our very mild winters here in South Australia as we rarely even get to freezing point let alone have it penetrate 2 metres into the ground. l
            Hi Neill
            You have a very warm climate ... ... My unfinished stove (аt a photocall protective plastic film has been removed.) in winter 2014. The outdoor temperature is -20C (-4 F).

And this is the road to it.

But I plan to use the stove in winter.

Comment

I love those bricks with the radius. Are they made that way or did you cut them? I can't enlarge the picture to see for sure.
              Check out my pictures here:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                Looks like pizza and cooking is a universal language.
                Offered in a list of universal languages ​​add pilaf and shashlik. Pictured pilaf.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                  I love those bricks with the radius. Are they made that way or did you cut them? I can't enlarge the picture to see for sure.
                  I first cut brick, then grind. Details can be found in my article article (only in Russian) and video.
                  This is my tools for grinding bricks.
                  Last edited by valentin; 06-30-2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Valentin, I'm not sure which looks better, the pilaf or the oven? Keep the pictures coming and if you would, please post a recipe for the pilaf on the forum under "What you cooked last night".

Thanks,
                    Chris

Link to my photo album:
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/hodgey...7646087819291/

Link to my build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...nia-19366.html

Comment

Hi Les
                      I just grabbed them with the mouse and dragged a copy of them/it off onto the desktop, then double clicked them into Preview which can then be enlarged to huge pixellation.

valentin
                      I don't think that I could handle your winter, too long in a mild climate, (mediteranian) and too old to change!

Cheers.

Neill
                      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
                      Neill’s kitchen underway
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Before the construction of the oven, I did a project. The main feature of this project is a cylindrical hearth stove. Used the ideas of the famous Russian stovemaster Victor Selivan.

The hearth stove can be used as a plates for cooking pilaf,

and as a tandoor for roasting meat, baking bread and cakes.

Comment

To ensure uniformity of heating flue gas outlet provided in all directions.

To prolong the life of the furnace all gas channels are lined with fireclay brick. See the first photo in previos post.
                          To conserve heat and protect walling used insulation.

Have something like Stonehenge.:-)
                          Last edited by valentin; 07-16-2014, 12:14 AM.

Comment

All weekend in the summer 2013, I was engaged in masonry oven. Spent 24 working days. I have put 800 ceramic bricks and 250 fireclay bricks. Ceramic red brick laid on the finished clay and sand mixture. Fireclay bricks mortar on (a mixture of refractory clay and ground firebrick). In mortar added 10% water glass.

Installing flue doors.

Shaped brick slab countertops for framing.

Masonry stoves can be completed to prepare pilaf. Rod has even without the tube. Inner part of a brazier of refractory bricks

Visitors to my site and offered to organize a seminar to show how everything is done in practice. Video masonry arch.
                            Last edited by valentin; 07-24-2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

This is some very unique brick work and different type of ovens. As they say more than one way to skin the cat. Watching with much interest. Keep us posted.
                              Russell
                              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
                              X