• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbq brick island

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_81006.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	400251 Ready to cure for about 28 days then forms will come off.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Indresano masonry; 08-02-2017, 01:18 PM. Reason: Want to post more when i can

But...no man is an island...
    My 32" homebrew cast oven by the sea

Comment

The photos don't show the fire box with air intake located on the floor of fire box. Grates will be installed flush with cement counter

Comment

let me know what you thing of design
        thanks . Steve

Comment

This was an original design that i had thought about for some time. having a bbq island has many benefits.
          The ability to have plenty of area to cook and to present meals for cook outs or just a place to conjure around a couple of burgers cooking. Not to mention the total length of counter is 20 feet .
          I will be posting the finishing photos. next up is the cement stain and sealer then custom cooking grate.
          I hope you all enjoyed my photos

If you build it they will come.

steve

Comment

Last edited by Indresano masonry; 08-12-2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Wow, that looks amazing. I might be seeing your advice on staining and polishing concrete if I end up going that route.
              Well done
              David in Calgary
              My Build Thread

Comment

Comment

Beautiful concrete finish! Did you use acid staining? Have you installed the grates and cooked on it? I'm looking forward to some pics of it in action .
                  Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I did use acid stain . Was awesome to work with. More pictures to follow in spring

Comment

That is a nice looking job. We ended up using a water based stain, which is wearing off after 3 years, as the acid stain process seemed intimidating. Maybe it is time to strip and give it a go. It looks like you wet your slab down before you took the pic - if yes, what does it look like dry?
                      My build thread
                      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
                        That is a nice looking job. We ended up using a water based stain, which is wearing off after 3 years, as the acid stain process seemed intimidating. Maybe it is time to strip and give it a go. It looks like you wet your slab down before you took the pic - if yes, what does it look like dry?
                        I used acid stain, and it started wearing off after a few years as well. Weather just takes it off. The one part I have that stays dry is in pretty good shape. But the part that gets rained on, it is pretty much gone
                        My build progress
                        My WFO Journal on Facebook
                        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

I used a pure tung oil. ( food grade) . As the oil penetrated the cement ,the finish was more of a matte finish

Comment

Working...
                          X