Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this work? Wood fired grill / oven combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this work? Wood fired grill / oven combo?

Hi
    I really want a wood fired Argentinian grill like this on but I also want to cook pizzas, bake bread and roast in a WPS fired oven. I asked the guys at Argie Grills if they could make some steel doors to go on the front of this so I could use it as an oven as well. They said they could do it no problem.
    What does everyone think? Will this work well as a wood fired oven?
    thanks so much for your feedback
    Tom

Good Question. I would think that you may have an issue with consistency of cooking, .. particularly when it comes to pizzas. The one main problem, .. that at home pizza makers like us have ... is having an adequate crust being NOT gooey / doughy .. whilst all the toppings are fully cooked.

And the whole idea in obtaining a perfect crust is having a HOT enough 'floor' that the pizza crust lays upon... This means, .. having a VERY hot floor ... BEFORE one places the pizza on it ..

Comment

My solution is not built yet, but I'm doing a traditional wood fired pizza oven that will allow me to take coals to the front gallery space which has been enlarged enough to do some grilling, perhaps eventually adding an adjustable height grill. Here is a photo of the gallery formwork: 36" wide x 21" tall x 18" deep.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sixto; 07-30-2022, 11:09 AM.
      if it's worth doing, it's worth doing to the best of your ability!
      Sixto - Minneapolis

Comment

Before you lay the arch bricks over your wooden form, make sure you place some removable wedges under each corner of the form. This makes removal much easier and prevents potential damage to your brick arch.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Plus one of David's comment, I used 1/4" wedges on my inner arch and it was not enough to drop the form and went with 1/2" wedges on the outer arch form.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
          X