Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where do you get your kindling?

David Sewell,
    You must live in a well forested area, as I do. There's branches and trees down everywhere. While someone might take notice of you cutting up their trees, no one gives a care if you walk away with a branch or two. Less clean up for them.
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

I collect my wood from local parks and the cycle/recreational path alongside our nearby river. What happens to the sticks and fallen branches in our area is that they are removed by local council gardens guys. They present a problem for them because they are a problem for their mower blades.When tey transport them out they eventually find their way to a great gas guzzling wood chipper for recycling. I figure I'm actually saving fuel and labour by removing some of it for my own use.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

David, I bought that very same log splitter from Northern Tool about two months ago...works like a champ. Splitting an entire cord with it was good therapy (light to medium resistance) after having 2 rotator cuff surgeries. To me it was a necessity at the time...a bonus for the future.

RT

Comment

Lowe's is selling it here for 300.00. I thought about it as well, but the wife laughed, saying an axe is fine. Maybe next year.
          An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Working...
          X