isalation layer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isalation layer

if the brick dome is on a layer of fire bricks do i need a insalation layer below the fire bricks

Re: isalation layer

Yes, insulation under the floor bricks is critical to a successful oven. The free plans offer a lot of good information on this topic; have you found and downloaded them yet?
    Nikki

Comment

yes i downloaded them but is there a cheaper insalation then perulite and vermiculite because i cant afford it

Comment

unfortunately, perlite/vermiculite is the cheaper option... but the cost definitely balances out in the long run if you weigh it against the cost of wood in an uninsulated oven.
        -jamie

My oven build is finally complete!

Comment

maybe you should build an earthen oven, or is it called a cob oven ? do a forum search, i bet thats the cheapest way you can go

Comment

how much vermerculit do i need for a 48 by 56 by 3.5 insalation layer

Comment

(48 x 56 x 3.5) / 1728 in per cu foot = 5.4444 cubic feet. The portland doesn't much change the volume of the vermiculite.
              My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

so 5 cubic feet of vermiculite sorry new at this so iam a litle mixed up

Comment

will one bag of 90lb portland cement be anuff

Comment

Working...
                  X