Mobile oven regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile oven regulations

It seems to have a commercial trailer hot and cold water is necessary both for washing food and for washing hands (a constant 80 degrees f) I am currently building a 4' external oven and wish to mount it onto a 4' x 6' trailer, I shall design the work surface so it slides of folds away, I can also use cool box's to take care of the refrigeration aspect but was thinking, if I were to wrap 10mm flexible copper tubing around the dome surely it would be great for heating water but any ideas how I could rig this up so it worked properly....Seems I would have use the evil electricity to run a pump,,,,something I was hoping to avoid, Any ideas???? Thank you

Re: Mobile oven regulations

If you coiled the copper pipe around the dome and connected it to a tank on top of the oven the water will flow to tank. Many solar hot water systems use this principle, no pump required.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Rather than robbing the heat from your dome, you could put the coil around the flue. If it's a pizza only operation, there will always be a live fire and a hot flue. Remember, no matter how you do it, it may at some point run dry: I'd steer clear of soft-soldered plumbing fittings.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Also, I think you will need to be able to regulate the temp (too hot will not be accepted). Can that be done without electricity?
        My oven (for now):
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ven-14269.html

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
          If you coiled the copper pipe around the dome and connected it to a tank on top of the oven the water will flow to tank. Many solar hot water systems use this principle, no pump required.
          Brilliant idea, I'd have to be careful about the centre of gravity being so high though. Could be dodgy on a trailer.

Comment

Google Images "Hand Water Pumps" they are used in RV's and boats.
            Or transport the water low on the trailer, and fill a higher container as needed.

Carl
            Enjoy life! It's limited, you only get as much as you take.

Comment

I'm all about making everything possible myself, and trust me many times I take that to the extreme, but I've always figured if I ever go mobile(which I've thought about) I would try and get away with one of these:

Amazon.com: Coleman Hot Water-On-Demand Portable Water Heater: Sports & Outdoors

For the couple hundred bucks I just think it is worth my time and trouble getting a oven based system up and running reliably, and running off small propane tanks and batteries it is highly portable.

Comment

Working...
              X