Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa2G Series...is a roof necessary?

Hello Forum. <wave>

I'm about to depart on my wood burning pizza oven adventure. At first blush am leaning toward the Casa2G 110 oven, and my first, and perhaps most important question is just how necessary is it to finish the exterior shell?

I'm hoping to install it so that its height at the top of the dome isn't isn't taller than 6 feet and need to keep the design as diminutive as possible. Basically, I don't want the oven to the the focal point.

So, is it necessary to enclose the Casa unit? My question goes to both ascetics as well as performance. A friend with another MFG's stove told me it's necessary to insulate the exterior for heat retention.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Re: Casa2G Series...is a roof necessary?

So, no roof if I go igloo, right?

The casa2g needs either a roof (enclosure) or to be finished igloo style, right?

Comment

Hey K over Q,

The basic rule is that the Casa2G oven (or any brick oven) needs to be made waterproof. The Casa2G kit comes with all the insulation that you will need, so all you need to do it finish it with either an Igloo or walled enclosure that keeps water out.

Your question on what is the least visible -- Igloo or walled enclosure -- is really interesting. It might depend on the other objects in your outdoor living space.

Which one will blend in better?

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I just finished my Casa2g100. The finished stucco knockdown technique with a sandcolor finish. I then used an cement acid brown color for one coat. One week later applied a clear glossy sealer which I will apply two coats. My oven is pictured in the new finished oven. Any questions I have them on Facebook. Ron

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
          Your question on what is the least visible -- Igloo or walled enclosure -- is really interesting. It might depend on the other objects in your outdoor living space.

Which one will blend in better?

James
          Thanks for the reply James. I'm thinking that minimal will blend better. The oven is going to be situated a foot or so in front and to the left of the tree in the the attached photo. It will be flanked by a gas grill to the left and a weber performer charcoal grill to the right. The patio shown in the photo is getting removed and replaced with a large (600 sq ft) paver patio. There will be an 8' to 10' long island set a bar height made from the same material as the pavers we chose for the new patio located pretty much where the chairs are shown in that photo. Actually, the right end of the island will fall basically where the chiminea sits in the photo. Also on the patio will be a 10' oval teak table which would be to the right in that photo, with 6 chairs and then a 3' round firepit with adirondak chairs over in the far right corner, which is actually the front of the patio. It all fits comfortably on the patio with enough room to walk around without bumping into the back of chairs.

The yard and backdrop are certainly large enough to carry a bigger enclosure, but at present, I've embraced a smaller igloo type enclosure.

In your experience, how tall does a roofed type enclosure need to be, to allow for sufficient pitch?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martorana View Post
            My oven is pictured in the new finished oven. Any questions I have them on Facebook. Ron
            Very nice. I like the texture and color.

Comment

It seems to me that if small is good, an Igloo along the lines of Martorana's oven would be just the ticket.
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
              X