Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to build the chimney transition???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to build the chimney transition???????

I would imagine the stainless steel would outlast you.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Since I'm not building this type of oven and going with the house style. I'm not quite sure what to suggest. I would definitely look at the finished ovens and their photos and possibly contact the builders of the oven styles that you would like to reproduce.

One thing I forgot to mention regarding the buttress if you use a steel buttress put a piece of insulation between the buttress and the flu arch that way you won't transfer heat into the slab.

fxpose has an example of a stuccoed chimney you may want to contact him and look at some of his photos I attached one link here.

PhotoPlog - Vent and Chimney

Chip
      Chip

Comment

David and Chip - thank you so much. Glad to hear that the stainless steel will last. At the very least, I can start moving forward in my build.

I will definitely contact fxpose. Looks like stuccoing the chimney will be the direction I will go. It looks like he put chicken wire around the chimney and then perlcreted and stucco'd it.

Wonder if I could just wrap it in insulation blanket and then chicken wire and stucco?

Comment

Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 10-12-2022, 06:53 AM.

Comment

The secondary flue arch allows for a thermal break between oven and the exhaust gasses escaping up the flue. You will not loose as much heat from the oven. This is most important if you fire your oven and use the retained heat over the days following a fire.

Chip

Comment

Working...
            X