Peak Flashing - Need Help Making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peak Flashing - Need Help Making

To all those with circular peak chimneys. I have a Duratech Stainless steel double wall 10" diameter (Outside) Chimney. The roof is completely done now and chimney sealed over as I cannot figure out how to flash the peak hole.

I am able to figure out how to cut the angled storm collar. What I cannot figure out is how to cut the flashing base so that when it is bent to the roof pitch, is makes a matching 10" diameter circle which the storm collar can be welded to. Hence I am reaching out for help ideas. What have other done? Perhaps I am approaching this completely wrong so other ideas would be welcomed.

I have searched the site, and found a PDF, but does not show how to create the collar to flashing connection.

Frank

Re: Peak Flashing - Need Help Making

Not sure if it's any help, but I used a weathering slate with high-temperature PVC cone. You can get these specifically for flue pipes. Even at the angle of the roof pitch, the cone is still flexible enough to give a good seal right around the pipe - which you can augment with high-temperature silicone. The aluminium sheet, you fold/compress to fit the profile of your roof tiles. (Sorry it's not a very good picture.)
    Last edited by cleverdick; 04-14-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Looks like you installed on the slant side, not the peak...Yes?

Comment

You have not divulged the pitch angle of your roof, nor the radius of your ridge tiles. Therefore, this method may - or may not be suitable for your design. (From your reply I would assume not.) For all I know, you might have a barrel-vault roof - which will still have a peak, of course...
        Last edited by cleverdick; 04-14-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Ahh yes, I did leave that out. I trying to keep it simple to solicit solutions. I can adjust the angles and radius at a later point. I simply was trying to solicit advice on how to approach flashing a peak 2 sided flashing (versus a slant with a one sided flashing). For now I am considering going out to get a storm collar to place over a flat roof flashing (similar to yours), that I can custom cut the extended edges to place over a square box, that I can custom cut to fit on the peak of the roof. I was just hoping there was a more simple way.

Thank you for responding....and I wish I could have your roof. Love the tiles!!!

Comment

Working...
          X