My new oven build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new oven build.

My first post so hopefully I haven't broken the forum.

Some pics of my oven build, what fun!

The finished oven looks great! to me. However, the flue out the top of the dome may leak a lot of heat. And, I'm not sure what that plastic wrap around then mesh is for? Let us know how it cooks.
    Last edited by Gulf; 05-08-2017, 07:36 PM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks for the comment.
      I just reposted almost the same thing as it looked as if my post didn't upload - duh - sorry guys.

The plastic wrap was to slow the cement from drying out too fast.

Comment

So i wrapped the mesh first with plastic so that the cement wouldn't stick to it then i wrapped the wet cement in plastic to stop it drying too fast.
        I removed the mesh from inside once it was dry.

Comment

I understand the last part. But, mesh is designed to reinforce concrete/stucco? Or did you use fiber reinforcement?
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I used scoria (volcanic rock /pebbles) as the aggregate, it is solid. Have got the fire up to 500 celsius (about 900 farenheit) and no cracking inside only a few hairline cracks in the stucco on the outside.

Comment

Working...
            X