Countertop and final design Help needed - 40" build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countertop and final design Help needed - 40" build

I've just completed a 40" build and even cooked my first pizzas in the oven with great success, but now I am stuck on some design elements to finish off the final brick arch, side countertops, finish stucco coat,etc. Thank you to everyone here for all the help and suggestions along the way. Can anyone help me with some design thoughts on how I can finish off the project?

I've got a 40" igloo style oven design built on a corner layout with slab ready for 2 side countertops (roughly 4' long) with storage underneath. My plan is to use 8"x4"x16" cinder block to construct the counter top structure and stucco directly to that surface. I have this material as well as some Austin white stone. I plan to use some of the stone on the corners to accent and break up the stucco surface a little. Okay, so do I bring my cinderblock flush with the face of the concrete countertop (concrete hearth) under the pizza oven, or should it be slightly recessed so that the countertop looks like a countertop? Is this making any sense? I've attached some photos of the current project as well as an inspiration photo that I am trying to match the look. What I like about the photo is how the stucco material used on the outside of the igloo shaped oven dome is also then used to top the countertop surface. Where I am most confused is the 6" or so distance that the oven opening sits up off of the concrete countertop (hearth). I've seen many designs where the oven floor is level with the top of the countertop. This is a nice look, but that would require me to pour additional concrete around the Oven. Is that the correct method? Should I be concerned with trapping moisture in the Insulation board?

And then how should I treat the side countertops? I'm assuming that they could be at a different height as the area around the oven. I'm okay with that as I don't really want the side working countertops to be much higher off the ground than about 36" - 38"

I've noticed some really neat concrete and design work done by builders on here for their final dome design and countertops. I'm not that creative or able as a builder, but some basic stone, and stucco work, I think for me will turn out nicely if I can figure out how to tie all of these elements together.

Thanks for any suggestions and ideas!

-Nick

Hi. Very neat oven you have there.
    as for your question, to be frank I'm not very sure what you are asking, hence I was waiting for others to reply.
    if what you are looking for is an opinions on whether to make a front lip on your countertop, then yes, IMHO you should have a lip.
    As for height IMHO the should be of same high, will look strange if they are not.

Good luck !
    Post more pics
    Anton.

My 36" - https://community.fornobravo.com/for...t-bg-build-log

Comment

Working...
    X