Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimney lenght - too long?

Dear all,

I am building a resturant in the Philippines and plan to build my own 42" oven. The building is 2 story, so can I have the oven on the ground floor and extend the vent up the distance and out the roof? Does it need to be straight or can I curve it out to the side of the building?

Regards,
    Ken

Any ideas?

Comment

You can "angle" it out the side. Will you be using masonry or insulated metal piping?
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

If you do have to go out of the second level roof, there are chimney fans available if the draft isn't enough. I ended up with a couple of angles with my system and I was worried about the exhaust so I looked into the fans. Turns out it wasn't needed. I used cheap stovepipe to test all of the exhaust before ordering the insulated pipe.

Comment

Your chimney system manufacturers and your building codes will determine these factors. With Duravent for example, I believe you can have two 45 degree elbows. In a commercial building you may well have to have an engineer stamped drawing and specification of what you propose to do.
          My build thread: https://tinyurl.com/y8bx7hbd

Comment

Thanks guys

Started pouring my base yesterday.... note this is different build that what I have done or have seen before. I am making sure its real sturdy because my resturant is on the beach...... unsure of the shifty sand with such a heavy oven

Comment

Actual drone shots of the building - before oven started

Comment

Oven will go here and roof vent will be shorter as I located it to the outside of the building.

Comment

You may need to back it away some distance from the building. A guideline for flue height is 2' above any structure within 10'. Local building codes may also apply.
                  Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                    You may need to back it away some distance from the building. A guideline for flue height is 2' above any structure within 10'. Local building codes may also apply.
                    Thanks - I might be like 9 feet away currently from the center. Might have to turn my oven to get the additional distance.

Comment

You really need to talk with your local building authorities to get what chimney clearances are required for your locale (Phillipines), it may be more or less rigid than the US.
                      Russell
                      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
                      X