Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent - Front or Center?

Hi All

After fabricating my Stainless Steel Oven, I ended up with some issues mainly heat retention (Posted about it in another section on this forum).

I suspect the issue is with my Vent and Flue - right now my vent and flue is in the oven chamber but as far front as I could bring it close to the oven entrance. Anyways, I read that placing the vent inside of the cooking chamber isn't ideal and then I also read that there are 2 optimum vent designs - one is just outside, above the oven opening and the other is in the center of the oven. I understand how the vent sits outside the oven opening but I'm struggling the visualize the center vent system.

From what I've read and pictures I have seen, it looks like the center vent is inside the cooking chamber, something similar to what I have - is there something I am missing?

I've attached a picture of a center vent I found online.

Thanks
    OM
    Attached Files

This oven looks like a FB Napolinio which although the vent appears at the apex of the oven the actual vent entrance is in front of the door, this is known as a beaver or squirrel tail bent. The vent does not come off the heat chamber. You can see this in FBs drawings on their website.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

UtahBeehiver - Aaaah I see it now. There's a opening at the mouth of the oven that channels back over the dome to get the flue at the center of the oven. I wish I had known that before I finalized my oven design.

Any suggestions to circumvent the flue sitting inside of my oven?

Comment

Working...
      X