Furnace smoke channel diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace smoke channel diagram

Interested in the photo, how the smoke channels for the Pompeian stove are arranged. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi Egor,

Welcome to the forum. Here is a search of the Web using the key words "Russian Stove". There have been a few discussions about Russian stoves on this forum. I'm not sure just how detailed any have been. To find the exact routing for that set up you would have to find the actual builder. I did a search for that picture on the web and did not come up with any hits. I suggest that you go back to the site or media that you found this picture and start from there.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Valentin from Moscow Russia is the builder who did a combination oven similar but it was not a smoker but rather individual cooking units you can see his thread on the Forum. The brick work was outstanding.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Difficulties in translation, I'm not interested in smoke ... In the photo there is a Pompeian stove, I would like to know how the smoke passes. Maybe the forum already has this, when the pipe is behind, as in the photo from the first post.

Comment

OK. I think that understand the question. The chimney/flu is angled back and over the dome. It has been given a term called "squirrel tail" because of it's similarities to how a squirrel's tail lays back over and hugs it's back. Here is a recent thread with a couple of examples. Both of these were done with masonry flus. However it can be done with stainless steel piping and angled connections. Hopefully, others will post some examples
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

First thing is go the Forno Bravo store site and download the free eplans. It is a little dated but will answer a lot of you questions regarding design and construction of WFO ovens. Second, under the Newbie Section of the forum there is a sticky called Treasure Archives which shows some of the more documented builds.
            Russell
            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

UtahBeehiver

Please tell me if you have a topic on the forum where everything is described about Utahbeehiver's WFO Build?

How many inches is the build? The first row of the dome in the photo, the bricks are separate from the floor, the height was calculated from the upper (or lower) point of the floor to the dome?

Comment

Let's go back to the first post. The question remained, how to make a chimney at the back? I found the owner, he does not give information. It does not have a chimney along the dome. Maybe someone else has a solution?
                Attached Files

Comment

Egor2021 are you wanting to build an oven in a place where you are going to have a roof and want to have the chimney vent out towards the rear of the oven? With the placement of the chimney in front of the pompeii design you can either build a design like Gulf linked to in post #5 above, or use metal pipe with an angle to direct the smoke to the back of the oven similar to the pictures in the link below. Let us know if this helps answer your question.

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ngth-and-curve
                  My build thread
                  https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Here is a discussion thread : Pompeii Oven with two openings??? Not much on the actual build but some good information. The builder is no longer connected to the forum but check out the finished pics and the builders comments at the end of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X