Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Orange County California

John,
    The pesto shrimp pizza looks great, did you cook the shrimp ahead?

Chris

Comment

Thanks, Chris. Yes, they were just heated through in their shells in garlic, butter, a splash of dry sherry and salt. I'm thinking I would like to put some diced red onion on it next time.

John

Comment

Did you say Chef's warehouse. I just looked them up and I dont see them in California. When you said industry you meant City of industry, right. if so do you have an address and a phone number. Sure beats a drive to LA. If your closer to Fountain Valley you can go to restaurant depot to pick up kyrol but you need a business tax Id.

Mike

Comment

Sorry - The proper name is The Chef's Warehouse, and they are in the City of Industry, even though their website does not reveal this. Their address is:

16633 Gale Avenue
          City of Industry, CA 91745
          626-465-4200

My brother Richard and I visited them in the spring, attending their food expo and there had to be 50 vendors there with flour, oils, cheese, meat, seafood, rice, chocolate, pasta, you name it. The vendors all had samples and there was a fantastic buffet for all attendees. A foodie's virtual paradise!

John

Comment

hb,

I wanted to share something with you regarding the refractory mortar I bought from Harbison-Walker. I didn't find out until after I bought it that it is not water-soluable. I built a firepit back in august with some of it and it came out wonderfully strong. I used some of the firebrick seconds I got from Pacific Clay. Two weeks ago it rained and I went out to see how the mortar held up in the rain. The bricks came apart as if they were held together with wet sand. I would caution to you if you bought the same mortar to keep your oven as dry as possible this winter.

John

Comment

Working...
            X