Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat proof Glass

I have some old glass panels from an old 1970s gas heater
    They are roughly 200mm x 70mm wide and about 7mm thick. (brand new still in paper, have been bought as a replacement and never got used)
    something like this but older
    http://www.renovateforum.com/attachm...e-lpgheat1.jpg

As you could imagine having natural gas heating up the ceramic only centimetres behind it for years its a pretty heat resistant glass.
    Do you think this could be successfully incorporated into a dome to either create a window or protect a light?

Re: Heat proof Glass

jcg31 used glass for his blast door. That is the only place I'd consider glass in a wood fired oven, (because of the high heat loss via the glass).
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Maybe it might be a good insert in a door, double or triple glazed???

Comment

Do you think this could be successfully incorporated into a dome to either create a window or protect a light?
        I have seen a build that incorporated a light-protecting window made of glass from a home oven. I know that this type of glass doesn't last forever, but is a viable short-term solution.

Comment

Do you have any photos?

I think I've got 6 or 8 pieces buried away in the shed

Comment

Apart from the heat loss thru the glass, it seems like a lot of trouble. I would imagine the glass sooting up fairly quickly as well.

Comment

Do you have any photos?
              I think I saw the link to the actual build site was somewhere here on the FB site. If I can find it I'll post it. Sorry to not be of better help.
              John

Comment

Working...
              X