Sylvite hydrated lime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylvite hydrated lime

Hello all, I’ve started my oven and am sourcing my materials. Currently trying to find lime type S and it is proving to be tricker than I thought. I found this at a local Rona in SW Ontario. It says hydrated lime but has no other information. I called the company which is primarily an agricultural company and was unable to get a clear answer. It didn’t sound like they sell it to builders or masons. Thoughts Click image for larger version

Name:	image_82930.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	405240

If they sell to farmers and agricultural business that's not the lime you need Chanc are that your closest big box home improvement store has it on shelf however, right next to Portland cement.

Good luck!
    Anton.

My 36" - https://community.fornobravo.com/for...t-bg-build-log

Comment

I found a lead on another forum for your area of Canada. Here is a search for "Graymont Mortaseal Mason's Lime Toronto Canada". I hope this helps. You may have to check some brick yards by phone and ask for it by the company name. You can then check to make sure that it is Type-S.
      Last edited by Gulf; 06-05-2018, 04:59 PM.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks Gulf, I also did more digging and found the same thing and ended up purchasing a bag yesterday. You have to go through a lot of paper work but it looks like this is the right thing. This is what I found on the spec sheet - MORTASEAL® Mason’s Lime complies with ASTM C207, Type S. Happy to be moving forward

Comment

I seem to have run across the same problem. I searching for Lime, I didn't realize the importance between Type N an Type S. I have bought exactly what is shown for Type N (Graymont) on the following page. Will this Type N work for mortar for my outer arch, or will it cause me problems than its worth?

https://www.mortarsprayer.com/which-lime-is-best/
          David in Calgary
          My Build Thread

Comment

Problem resolved, returned the type n and got type s lime.
            now i can proceed with me arch without worry
            David in Calgary
            My Build Thread

Comment

Working...
            X