Calcium silicate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calcium silicate

Hi. I wanna build a pizza oven but i just found 30mm calcium silacte thick is it able to build oven on?
    Thanks.

Minimum of 50 mm is recommended under the brick floor.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Ok thank you so much but i found only 30 mm calcium silicat

Comment

Try two layers then. The cal sil available to me comes in 40mm panel thickness, so two layers is required. If cost is prohibitive you can try laying a layer of 5:1 vermicrete first, but give it at least a couple of weeks to dry, before laying the 30mm panel of cal sil over it.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Ok thank you so much the problem how to fix the two layers because it can be move a little bit and cause problem the second choice i didn't get it

Comment

Gravity will hold the two layers together. There is no need to glue them.If placing a second layer on top of the first, stagger the joins.
            The second suggestion, which is a cheaper alternative is to lay a layer of vermicrete first, on top of which you can lay the calcium silicate board.
            Vermicrete is a mix of vermiculite (or perlite) and cement, to which water is added forming a wet mix that can be laid to form an insulating layer. The proportion of cement determines how strong and how insulating the resulting layer becomes. The attached table explains the strength to insulating value relationship. The problem is that the water contained in the layer needs to dry out before building over it. Oven builders regard a 5:1 ratio is required to provide sufficient strength for a heavy oven to sit on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_83170.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.2 KB ID:	451415
            Last edited by david s; 12-28-2022, 04:34 AM.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks for advices
              I will build the oven on a metalic stand and put it on basement,so the effect of gravity is too important

Comment

Here the technical form of the silicate pannel its in frensh but maybe easy to understand

Comment

Working...
                X