Announcement

Collapse

Warning!

Gas fired pizza ovens use high heat and combustible fuels that if not properly installed and maintained can lead to explosion, fire, injury, or death. By utilizing this site and the information given, you agree to our General Disclaimer.
See more
See less

Inherited a pizza oven. Anyone know the brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inherited a pizza oven. Anyone know the brand?

Click image for larger version

Name:	A2EBC091-1AEA-40C5-B841-A0AFDAD67900.jpeg
Views:	337
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	443602Hello everyone! I recently inherited a pizza oven that never got installed. I can’t find any branding and figured I’d try here. I’ve always wanted a pizza oven in our new outdoor kitchen but this looks like a big job. I’m sure I can find all the tips, but if anyone has any tips or mistakes NOT to make, please let me know.

Hi Zander,

Welcome to the forum. Maybe someone else can help you with the brand. My bet is that it is a "one off" home made. "Inherited" sounds like FREE! My advice is to is to set in place on your patio and fire it up
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks Gulf. With a closer look, it looks used (soot marks inside) and the widow told me it was a commercial unit they were going to use but couldn’t. Yes it was free she just wanted it out of their basement asap. I’m in the researching process now as to how to build a base and surround to support this behemoth! I was alittle confused with the simple gas valve and ignition button. I didn’t see any other gas valves for fine tuning the temperature.

Comment

Gas! Oops, I didn't see the valve in the lower left corner until now after a closer look. I thought it was wood fired. Gas is above my paygrade. Hopefully it can use both.

I was a little confused with the simple gas valve and ignition button. I didn’t see any other gas valves for fine tuning the temperature.
        That is a big red flag for the gas option! You definitely need to get with a professional and check your local codes before operating this oven with the gas option.
        Last edited by Gulf; 12-14-2021, 11:40 AM.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

ZANDER954 I moved your thread to the proper sub-forum. The Gas and Other section is a new addition to this forum. Your thread is only the second to be added to this section. Please note both the warning and the link to the forum's disclaimer at the top of the page.

There should also be a proper flame failure device installed that has been engineered for that exact size type. The soot that you see may be from the drying (break in) process. The manufacturer may have done this for the customer prior to delivery. Hopefully someone on the forum is familiar with this design and can help you find the manufacturer.

Comment

Thanks for the help Gulf!

Comment

Check out some of the Univex pizza ovens. It may be one of their earlier models.. Some striking similarities in the overall shape and construction.

Comment

Yeah I wondered the same thing. I wonder if the gas is just a wood starter? The burner unit is crescent shaped and alittle under a quarter the length around the dome inside. Univex has some units that do gas or wood and utilizes a small burner. Maybe I reach out to them and see. Thanks for the follow up!

Comment

I found the brand! It’s a Pacific Coast Brick Ovens. Unfortunately the company is out of business. I was able to obtain a lot of info about the model and such, but I was now wondering what makes a pizza oven OUTDOOR vs INDOOR? Is there a difference? I was planning on encasing the whole thing in a metal frame with cement board and stone.

Comment

In relation to gas, outdoor could mean none of the fail-safe devices found on indoor ovens. I'd move forward with caution with regard to the gas option.
                    My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
                    My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Well the receipt says “residential indoor” dome and they paid extra to have the metal inclosure. I inspected it and it does have the gas fail safes installed. I think I’m good then. Thanks for the reply Mark.

Comment

Interesting little oven, I am no expert on gas powered ovens but I dont think they are able to heat the floor bricks in the same way as a wood fired oven will and I dont think they can just be swopped over to wood fuel without a lot of work to the chimney outlet and thin brick floor tiles but that may depend on the model.

I have only even worked on one gas oven and that was to salvage it from an old restaurant, it had very little insulation over a 1.5” cast dome.

Edit I just found a youtube video…..

Comment

Originally posted by ZANDER954 View Post
                          Well the receipt says “residential indoor” dome and they paid extra to have the metal inclosure. I inspected it and it does have the gas fail safes installed. I think I’m good then. Thanks for the reply Mark.
                          That sounds very positive indeed! Enjoy your new oven!
                          My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
                          My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

I found the same video Fox. Thanks for the reply. The company says in the paperwork I got from the Widow that it’ll do gas or wood. The wood is preferred obviously but takes about an hour to heat up to temp. The gas will get it there in 30min. Atleast it’ll be convenient if the wife and I just want to pop in two little pies on a week night but use wood when we have big family dinners. I wish the company was around to call with questions but we’ll just wing it and make the most of it. Atleast we know it’s safe to use. Thanks again Mark. I’ll post an update when she’s up and running!

Comment

after many years i found that this burner is the best

vamparossa (link deleted - SableSprings, moderator)

and this is the 2nd best

belforno (link deleted - SableSprings, moderator)

I hope this helps
                              Last edited by SableSprings; 03-18-2022, 12:31 PM. Reason: In deference to policy (and to our sponsoring Forno Bravo), we don't allow links to other commercial websites.

Comment

Working...
                              X