Tricks for a tiny space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricks for a tiny space?

I've got a small patio area, and am a bit put off by the boxy cinderblock foundation designs that end up a too-massive 6' X 6' or so.

Can anybody point me to some design solutions, or materials solutions, to tame a pizza oven's final bulk? I'm open to other materials besides standard cinderblock, and other designs besides boxy supports for the oven. Maybe cylindrical oven supports or truncated corners. . . that kind of thing.

Thanks.

Re: Tricks for a tiny space?

I had similar thoughts with my restricted space where I wanted to build my oven, so I went with . design.
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Even with a block stand, you could potentially have a fairly small area, basically just the footprint of the oven floor plus room for insulation. I've seen some fairly nice circular bases done with brick, but that's alot of masonry.

How big is your patio area?
      -jamie

My oven build is finally complete!

Comment

Here's a good example of a simple round stand:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...and-10967.html
        George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Mine takes up a space of 910 x 910mm and the stand even less.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks, guys, for the on-point replies & suggestions.
            Very inspirational.

(My backyard is maybe 15' deep and 60' long, and the space is already divided in half by a patio cover. . . there is no terrific place for an oven, but I am getting more optimistic)

Steve

Comment

Mine is about 1.20mx1.20m... internal diameter about 90cm. Check out my video - search on here for my posting. I can scan and send plans if you need. I too wanted to keep the footprint down to preseve space in my garden.

Though in the end - it's so great, you won't mind it taking up most of the garden!

James

Comment

Working...
              X