wait for mortar to harden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wait for mortar to harden?

About to start the block stand tomorrow - If I use mortar to level the first course of blocks, do I have to wait a day for the mortar to harden before laying on the second? Or can I stack all 4 courses in one day?

If I get the first course leveled correctly, does this mean I won't need mortar to level the other courses?
    Here's mine:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...man-15992.html

Re: wait for mortar to harden?

The mortar will harden sufficiently for you to keep going as long as there is daylight.

Comment

Re: wait for mortar to harden?

Originally posted by jimkramer View Post
      About to start the block stand tomorrow - If I use mortar to level the first course of blocks, do I have to wait a day for the mortar to harden before laying on the second? Or can I stack all 4 courses in one day?
      You can lay as many courses as you like, we generally go to 8 courses, then it gets too high to lift the blocks.

Originally posted by jimkramer View Post
      If I get the first course leveled correctly, does this mean I won't need mortar to level the other courses?
      No, there are specific blocks that are made to dry stack, even then they require a tweaking with a plastic wedge to get them level(ish) and plum(ish) but these blocks are made to be core filled with fine concrete and rebar to stabilize them.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
      X