kit vs built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kit vs built?

We live in SW Va (near Roanoke) and want to put in a pizza/bread oven. So far we haven't found a mason who's done this. We found one who used a kit.

Could the person who built the footer and box and flue for our fireplace build a pizza oven or is the learning curve too steep?

What is the cost difference between making your own and using a kit? Is there an advantage other than cost on either method?

There are so many considerations, it's a confusing.

Thanks!

Re: kit vs built?

If you are not into building it yourself, I would go with a kit - with your oversight a mason should have no problem putting one together - but read the directions and communicate with them regularly.

-P

Comment

"Is there an advantage other than cost on either method?"

Either will provide a good oven.

The kit method is faster but more expensive. The brick build is often the choice for the do-it-yourself type who enjoys building and learning new skills.

Comment

I am also in SW Virgina. Check out your private messages. Be sure to check out the section on my WFO.

I would think that if your not a do it yourself person and needed to hire a mason I would guess the price would work out the same.

Comment

Working...
        X