Calculating air velocity within an oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculating air velocity within an oven

Does anyone happen to know how a person can calculate the velocity of airflow within an oven? From what I understand several variables would be needed such as external temp, and the length/width of the stack, etc..

I've got a friend of mine that can build a virtual model in CAD so simulate air flow, but I need to understand the velocity in inches per second that air would be moving out of the heat source.

My apologies if my information is incomplete.. I'm trying to figure out how to get started with some kind of algorithm. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

Re: Calculating air velocity within an oven

The question is not quite like asking how to design the cooling systems for a nuclear reactor, but the difficulties would be along the same lines. Kind of like if you have to ask, ?!

Comment

Are you an engineering student trying to use this forum as your cheat sheet? Shame on you, this forum is dedicated for those in pursuit of a functioning WFO.

Comment

Originally posted by tailbiter View Post
        Does anyone happen to know how a person can calculate the velocity of airflow within an oven?
        Why?
        Although it is ignorant of the air velocity my food cooks very well.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Hey Al, Get your head out of your oven its impeding the velocity of airflow over that pizza!

Comment

I dabble in CFD enough that I can tell you without an accurately simulated fire your airflow results will be meaningless.

Comment

I am a seasoned aerodynamicist (i.e. Im getting old), and I can tell you that that there are too many variables involved in the combustion process and that the flow is too hugely complex to conclude anything that is meaningful. CFD is a great tool only if you have meaningful input. Otherwise, garbage-in = garbage-out.

My advice....download the FB plans and start laying bricks...soon you will be eating delicious pizzas and you wont care about the flow velocity anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X