Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor oven venting

Hello

I am planning a home theater / game room / pub area in my daylight basement and would love to have a wood fired pizza oven so of course I have a few questions.

Nearly all of the indoor pictures I have seen have what appears to be a vent hood of some kind above the oven opening. Is this for any smoke that may leak out during lighting? Is this tied to the flue or a separate fan/exhaust path?

The top 18" of my basement walls are above ground so I was thinking of running the flue out the wall near the ceiling, then a T with cleanout outside then a vertical pipe outside. Has anyone done anything similar? Or any other ideas for a basement flue?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Re: Indoor oven venting

Originally posted by Jeff B View Post
    Is this tied to the flue or a separate fan/exhaust path?
    Hi Jeff.
    I assume it would be separate as tying into a flue higher up would make the flue not draw properly.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Hi Jeff

I would check with your local building code inspector to see what you need for something like that? as with our indoor pizza ovens the require a double wall chimney and you can also get an elbow chimney pipe as well if you needed it.

Comment

Burning solid fuel code will require a class A vent. This can be a manufactured system like REE REE B mentions or a custom welded system built to the proper specs which will include 3" of fire wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by REE REE B View Post
          Hi Jeff

I would check with your local building code inspector to see what you need for something like that? as with our indoor pizza ovens the require a double wall chimney and you can also get an elbow chimney pipe as well if you needed it.
          Thanks
          Are you talking about the duratech stainless pipe or the black double wall pipe?

I have the outside chimney figured out, now it's just a matter of figuring out the inside pipe.

I sent an email and called and left a message for the county so hopefully I hear back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B View Post
            Thanks
            Are you talking about the duratech stainless pipe or the black double wall pipe?

I have the outside chimney figured out, now it's just a matter of figuring out the inside pipe.

I sent an email and called and left a message for the county so hopefully I hear back soon.
            Youll need stainless as anything less will rot out in no time.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Comment

Looks like I need a 90 degree elbow, but I can only find 30 degree elbows in stainless.

Comment

90 Degrees is bad for a chimney, 45 is good 30 is better, you just need more pieces.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Has anyone used the Duravent DVL pipe? It's stainless on the inside and galvanized on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                    X