The why in Foundations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The why in Foundations

I will definitely have a look today. How heavy is it? Will it be easy to move?
    I can identify with you and space problems. We just moved into this place so when we did I put my foot down and staked my claim to a certain corner of the yard. Troublesome tree and all. My outdoor kitchen will go there complete with ovens, one WFO one electric as Chinese kitchens don't often come equipped with such and I'm not so sure how muffins, cookies & cakes will fare in a WFO.
    The rest of the yard is taken up by corn, tomatoes, tomatillos, cucumbers, habanero, poblano, Serrano & Jalape?o peppers as well as a few other things and what's left over has been either claimed by my wife's flowers or our two dogs.

Maybe two story is the way to go! When we lived down in South China I had a 100 sq meter rooftop garden complete with proper drainage, etc.

Good luck finding a spot!
    Bob
    Bob

Always ready for pizza

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...ing-build.html

Comment

Originally posted by Filthymutt View Post
      I'm not so sure how muffins, cookies & cakes will fare in a WFO.
      They do exceedingly well in a WFO, we do a desert dish with every pizza party and they turn out delish....

My wife does an excellent apple crumple and bread pudding, she even cooked lemon meringue pie to perfection one night in the oven.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
        They do exceedingly well in a WFO, we do a desert dish with every pizza party and they turn out delish....

My wife does an excellent apple crumple and bread pudding, she even cooked lemon meringue pie to perfection one night in the oven.
        Wow, great to know. Thanks guess its all in the timing, waiting for the oven to cool to the right temp etc.

Next morning Blueberry muffins should be ok I hope
        Bob

Always ready for pizza

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...ing-build.html

Comment

Wow! 100m2 garden! You must be living with the rich and famous!

My dome and structural slab weigh in at 1250kg, based on ingredient weights.

I am sure that is a lightweight if compared to the guys who do the real deal with brick and all the exterior details.

I don't have any pizza tools so tonight--old style pizza on a cookie sheet with the temperature around 400F. Just wanted to utilize some of the heat from today's burn. Unexpected day off- job delayed - new project different location tomorrow.

Brickie it is nice to see you checking into a nice friendly thread, see by your other posts that you have been out in the bush- cutting trees and enjoying life!
          Kind of like to be out somewhere that is quiet, chainsaw, truck and guns in close vacinity--was your dog with you? Like to know more about cooking in WFO now that mine is near completion of the cure stage.

Had a chance to taste some of the specialties produced in Chiba. Waiting for a second delivery end of week.

Comment

Working...
          X