Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting the dome, checking opening size

Hello,

Iam starting the dome i have been busy cutting away, these bricks are hard!. and I was just needing a little comfirmation that I am getting the opening the right size for my dome. My dimensions are..

800mm internal dome size, 32 inch

and I have calculated, with some help from the forna bravo plans that I should be ok with 420mm wide by 280 high, which is a 32inch oven, with an opening of 16 and3/4 inch by 11inch roughly.

How does that sound.

Can one of you wise gentleman assist me please.

Regards Grant.

Re: starting the dome, checking opening size

Check the plans. The height of the door opening should be around 63% of the internal height of the oven. If it"s about an inch either taller or shorter you would not notice any difference in the way the oven fires or performs.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I am neither wise nor a gentleman - but I can try and help!

I have a 32 inch oven. My opening is 16 inches wide and 8 1/2 inches high at the sides of the front arch and 10 inches high in the middle. It works perfectly! Pictures attached.

My build thread is here: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...nia-19283.html

Good luck!
      Neil

Comment

thankyou, sounds like iam on the right track.

I have another question, Iam bricking the dome at the moment, I have a large wet saw, so iam getting the cuts neat, is there a problem with it being to tight the dome?.

Do I need to leave some expansion points?.

Not sure on this one, when I say neat there is the odd little gap maximum 3/4mm.

I thought about leaving a slight gap where it meets the opening arch? not sure.

cheers grant.

Comment

Originally posted by boerwarrior View Post
          I am neither wise nor a gentleman - but I can try and help!

I have a 32 inch oven. My opening is 16 inches wide and 8 1/2 inches high at the sides of the front arch and 10 inches high in the middle. It works perfectly! Pictures attached.

My build thread is here: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...nia-19283.html

Good luck!
          Neil
          Hey checked out your photos, like your outdoor oven area, and the detailing on the door opening, looks like a big job, well done.

grant.

Comment

Working...
          X