Using ventilation insulation for the dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using ventilation insulation for the dome

What about this thing: http://www.szigetelesaruhaz.hu/pic/t...t-paplanok.png

It has a layer of aluminum foil, is that a good or bad idea to use? Some say bad because it would trap moisture inside, but when it (the oven) reaches +100c it (the moisture) will find its way out, won't it?

Would regular fibreglass from the 1960's do if it's placed directly on the dome? Or will it melt?

This coming weekend is bricklaying weekend. Will make sure to post some fabulous pictures!
    Let's keep it metric

Re: Using ventilation insulation for the dome

Is that insulation rated to take the required temperature? I've found foil tends to trap moisture. The steam condenses on the cooler foil and then runs down to the base leaving water at the bottom of your dome. If the foil is perforated it is slightly better but steam will still condense against it.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Oh yes condensation running down the sides must be avoided as I'm in the north and will be cooking during winter, I hope.
      Any input on using stucco up here, haven't received any good response in other threads. Is it unthinkable in below 0c climate? Or is it just a rumour?
      Let's keep it metric

Comment

Many oven owners still operate their ovens in freezing conditions, I have seen more than one pic of an oven covered in snow, but still operating. The trick is to fire your oven regularly so it stays nice and dry internally.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Proper insulation makes any oven efficient. Pizza can be best operated at temperature higher than 750 F and exterior temperature should be cooler. There is problem of moisture with aluminum foil.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/ventisaustralia
          Last edited by aidenmuramats; 07-11-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X