Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this support the weight of the oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this support the weight of the oven?

I live in south FLorida, mosquito is my biggest enemy. Therefore I decided to put in the screen room first before i built my outdoor kitchen/pizza oven. My question for all the concrete expert out there is that with a 8"X8" thicken edge with 1 #5 rebar and a 4" thick patio. If i built a corner pizza over will this be thick enough to support all the weight?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot515.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	320541Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot514.jpg
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	320539 Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot513.jpg
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	320540
    Last edited by trippy_ale; 05-30-2014, 07:06 AM.

Re: Will this support the weight of the oven?

Trippy,

I am no concrete expert so if an expert responds their opinion will be better than mine....

but, in my view it depends to a certain extent how good your base is under the concrete. It's hard to see the quality of your base from the photo's.

I only used 4" of rebar'ed concrete under part of my oven, BUT I knew that I had a rock hard, compacted gravel base underneath that.

We get a lot of rain and I have had no problems with shifting or cracking.

So bottom line from me - if your base under the concrete is good, I think you will be fine.

Neil

Comment

I live in a city call Coral Springs. After 4" of dirt for the grass..everything below that is sand and coral. I can't even dig a hole for my tree without using a pickaxe. the conctractor removed a good chunk of the dirt to level it.

Comment

The footprint pounds per square inch of a typical oven is trivial, less than a good sofa, much less than a refrigerator. It is heavy, but it is spread out over a big footprint.

Comment

Working...
        X