heat loss 32" oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heat loss 32" oven

Amount of BTU lost in 24 hours at 1000F with 40 square foot of surface and 3" of Insboard 2300LD insulation = 0.85 Thermal Conductivity x24hr x 40 sf / 3" = 272 BTU
    If radiated heat loss comparable to the convection heat loss, then total heat loss in 24 hours is about 350BTU.

Somewhere else on the forum I found that oven absorbs about 70000 BTU when brick saturated @900F.
    At this rate of heat loss it takes about 200 days for oven to cool. But in reality an oven cools in 4-5 days. (rate of loss 140000BTU.)

That is huge difference between calculated and empirical?

Re: heat loss 32" oven

Originally posted by strobes View Post
    Amount of BTU lost in 24 hours at 1000F with 40 square foot of surface and 3" of Insboard 2300LD insulation = 0.85 Thermal Conductivity x24hr x 40 sf / 3" = 272 BTU
    If radiated heat loss comparable to the convection heat loss, then total heat loss in 24 hours is about 350BTU.

Somewhere else on the forum I found that oven absorbs about 70000 BTU when brick saturated @900F.
    At this rate of heat loss it takes about 200 days for oven to cool. But in reality an oven cools in 4-5 days. (rate of loss 140000BTU.)

That is huge difference between calculated and empirical?
    Take one of your fire bricks and put it on the ground.
    Put your calculator on the brick. Take another brick and smash the S@#T out of your calculator. When the calculator is reduced to unrecognisable fragments, take the rest of your bricks and build an oven.

Just sayin'

Comment

Soooooo your point is.......?

I say, "Don't worry about it. Does you oven cook pizzas or doesn't it?"

That is the real question.

Comment

I'll let you know how much i spend. how long to build and how many days it will stay hot.

Comment

Working...
        X