Entry floor tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry floor tile

I have a question that someone else asked in another thread but wasn't answered. In my build as I am planning it the cal sil board extends out of the oven area and would be under my entry floor bricks, could that be a issue for moisture getting into my floor insulation, as I know the dome would be waterproofed but the entry way is exposed to rain that could leach thru the floor brick and into the insulation. Could this be an issue.
    Thanks Bill

Re: Entry floor tile

If water is going to get into your entry it wouldn't matter what was under the floor. A couple of litres of water is a couple of litres and has to find its way out. I'd go with calsil under the entry too.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks Daved
      I just didn't know how hydroscopic Cal-Sil is

Comment

Bill, the stuff is a sponge. When it dries it is back to norm. I have the board in my entry and I have no issues. Where you live it may be a problem unless you can keep the project covered? You get wet all year round.
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Usually rains at least once a day but not hard until the rainy season when that comes it can be wet for weeks, live on the side of the mountain back in a valley. Might have to make a second door when not in use.
          Bill

Comment

Hello Bill

I presume that a rain cover on the chimney will help to stop water getting into the oven and the insulation under the entry way.

I have noticed that where some of my fiber board got a bit wet it took days to dry out.

David

Comment

Working...
            X