No announcement yet.

Work of Love and Passion... Miami FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming all the water has been eliminated and you can test this by placing some plastic sheeting over the vault and seeing if any condensation occurs on its underside when firing. After doing the stucco layer I like to then wrap it up so moisture is retained in this layer for a week. This will enhance its strength. You only need to make it around 3/4" thick. Probably best in two layers, 24 hrs apart. For speed I usually do it in one go to save extra work.
    Last edited by david s; 08-06-2015, 01:15 PM.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• Thanks David, I will definantly do that. I already added my scratch coat today I plan on using my brown coat and finish if I have time. I must say I hate stucco. It's not fun and makes a mess. Once I complete this stage I will wrap it with tarp to keep it moist as your recommendation. Here i my question. Can I still fire the oven in the mean time? Or should I wait for a week to start the fires? I hate waiting.
      Best Regards...
      Gugahulk!

My Build...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/w...-fl-21793.html

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
      Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.
      STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!

Comment

• No, fires will tend to push out the water in the render layers . If you are trying to keep it in then you should wait.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• Stucco done, guys I have a very big important question. My oven is drafting beautifully and working perfectly withe chimney. Here i my problem.

I have a large tree on top of the oven, what happens is all the smoke goes up the chimney spraying the smoke very wide because of the tree. I am afraid that I will bother my neighbors with the amount of smoke that accumulates. Is there any way to reduce the amount of smoke that comes out of the oven? Also when you fire up the oven it never stops smoking? Does it keep smoking as long as there is a fire on the oven? I am still in the drying process and my oven is smoking like crazy and I think my neighbors might kick me out of the neighborhood if you know what I mean.

I am curios to find out how long your oven smokes before it stops, please let me know everyone.
          Best Regards...
          Gugahulk!

My Build...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/w...-fl-21793.html

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
          Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.
          STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!

Comment

• Once it cures, if you build the fire with dry wood, it will smoke a little for just a few minutes. Usually smoke is caused by either too green of wood or trying to start it too quickly, i.e. not enough air flow.

Comment

• Hey Gugahulk, could you post an image and/or the product website for the air mover you ended up using to reduce smoking out your neighbors? I'm having the same issue!

Many thanks!
              Keith

Comment

Working...
              X