Work of Love and Passion... Miami FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Work of Love and Passion... Miami FL

Two big logs on the sides. Crumple newspaper into balls, about 8-10 sheets, place between logs. Pick up twigs from the yard, a good three handfuls. Place on top of newspaper. 4-5 finger thick, 6-10" long sticks on top of them, then 3-4 2-4" sticks. One more big log across the top

Light with one match, walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by gugahulk View Post
      Started curing the oven, I really need help on starting a fire. I really suck at it. Any one an expert? I just bought fatwood fire started, is that good? Can I use it as a fire started on the oven? You have no idea how much I suck at it, last night took me 30min to start the fire with a cooking torch.
      Wet ovens are hard to keep lit.

Go low and slow with your curing fires over 5 - 7 days.
      Chip

Comment

I wouldn't use any logs at this point if you intend on curing your oven
        Bill

Comment

• Making some progress, my buttressing drama is now over! Thanks to Mr Chip! I have the perfect solution, which will not ad any mass to my WFO and it is not going anywhere. See images below. Thanks for this chip, I owe you one... :-)
          Best Regards...
          Gugahulk!

My Build...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/w...-fl-21793.html

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
          Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.
          STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_53056.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	355585

image_53056.jpg

Looks great,

The only thing i would have done a little differently is to round off the corners where the cable goes from the wall to the ceiling, This would distribute the load a little better and not be such a point load on the brick.,

it looks like the stainless worked out fine, and it appears that you have done several curing fires. Has anything been cooked during the curing fires?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mrchipster; 07-20-2015, 07:07 AM.
            Chip

Comment

• Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
              [ATTACH]n355585[/ATTACH]

image_53056.jpg

Looks great,

The only thing i would have done a little differently is to round off the corners where the cable goes from the wall to the ceiling, This would distribute the load a little better and not be such a point load on the brick.,

it looks like the stainless worked out fine, and it appears that you have done several curing fires. Has anything been cooked during the curing fires?
              Thanks Chip, I wish I had more time but it does not stop raining here. rain every single day. I have done a feel fires but it still feels moisture inside. I did get a hairline crack on the front of the oven but I should be find. I am still making little fires. The oven stinks like wood burned fire. Is that normal? Everytime I put a little fire my hole clothes stinks and so does my hand.... LOL Could I have been burnning the wrong kind of wood? Is my wood not seasoned enough? Also since I am making only little, little fires my dome is completly black on top and all sides. Once I fire it up for real will it all clear even though it being accumulated from all my little fires? I am starting to work on the chimney and front of the oven. Any advice?

And no cooking yet. I feel like my food will not taste so good as the smoke is tremendous coming out of the oven. And overwhelming smell of burn wood.
              Last edited by gugahulk; 07-20-2015, 11:38 AM.
              Best Regards...
              Gugahulk!

My Build...

Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.

Comment

• Hello Gugahulk Looking good. The oven will only clear when the brickwork gets up into the higher temperature ranges. 700 degrees or so. It will start to clear at the top of the oven then the clear area will work its way down as the walls get hotter. As I am heating my oven the dome gets black until it reaches working temperature then it clears off. The smell may be from the lower temperature fires you are burning at the moment.. A wet oven and possible not very dry wood. David Keep up the good work

Comment

• I am guessing that the smell will go away when you clear the dome. I think that I had the same thing as you are talking about. You have to remember that people pay lots of money for smokers. I think it would be just fine if you cooked in there if you want. I was lucky and had a long time for each curing fire. The averaged 8 hr each some were more than 12 hrs long. It is very cool when the dome clears for the first time. Good luck you are almost there.

Randy

Comment

• Making some good progress... Can't wait to FINISH it, seems like taking forever!!!!
                    Best Regards...
                    Gugahulk!

My Build...

Comment

• Making some good progress... Can't wait to FINISH it, seems like taking forever!!!!
                      Best Regards...
                      Gugahulk!

My Build...

Comment

• Looking good. Almost finished.

I like the look of the arch bricks long ways it gives it a great look. Don't think I have seen that done before.

David

Comment

• Looks good. You should be pleased with your tidy workmanship.
                          Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

• Gus, nice workmanship. Now on to the stucco stage.
                            Chip

Comment

• Wow, is it me or this new forum SUCKS! I did not receive any notification that you guys posted on my Thread. I absolutely hate this new non working forum. I wish forno bravo would put the old one back. Thanks guys for all the support. I added the insulation and now working on the chicken wire wrapping. I hate this kind of work. I like brick laying this stucco thing is not for me. But I have no choice as I am committed to it. I added a total of 6 layers of insulation on the whole oven except the top of the dome. The top got 9 layers and the back got 4 layers. I think I am extreme but I hope to hold my heat for a while. See pictures below.
                              Best Regards...
                              Gugahulk!

My Build...

**************************************************

Comment

• Making progress, ready for stucco, any advice anyone?
                                Best Regards...
                                Gugahulk!

My Build...

**************************************************

Comment

Working...
                                X