Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!Gas burner for brick ovens, too expensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!Gas burner for brick ovens, too expensive!

Hi everyone: I'm building my brick oven but I have this problem: I was planing to buy a gas burner, to be precise, a torch burner for ovens but it is too expensive! is there another way that I can heat up my oven with gas without spending so much money??

Is there another type of burners that I can use that can cheaper?

Thanks!

Re: Help!Gas burner for brick ovens, too expensive!

Gas burners for brick ovens are expensive for a reason, they have multiple safety features that prevent disaster. It isn't like a barbeque where any tiny gas leak will just blow away - gas can build up in the dome mixing with air, just waiting for that spark.

Wood is the way to go with brick ovens, unless you are running a high volume comercial operation, in which case you should spend the money, and most likely your insurance company will require you to do so.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I'd have the plumbing put in and the gas burner installed at a later date if expense is a problem. I really wouldn't skimp on that one - like dmun said there are some pretty serious safety issues involved.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Thank you for your comments. But do normal house ovens have all these security measures? Because a normal steel oven is even cheaper than the torch burner itself.

Comment

:yes: They're mass produced in much higher numbers, hence the lower price,
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
          [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
          X