Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting Dome to Mobile Trailer

Hey everyone,

I have a question about making the dome secure on a trailer. Now I was planning on going the paper mache and Clay/Cemente mix route for construction. (Build pile of sand wrap in paper mache, build a layer of clay/cement around it, do a rebar? web around that, add another layer of the clay/cement mix. let dry, remove sand, burn off the paper) <-- TELL ME IF THIS IS BAD PROCESS!

My question is, how would I mount down the dome? should I have some "steel bars" sticking out of my cement slab and then build off that?

Let me know thanks!!

Whoops sorry for double post, don't know how to delete the extra one!

Comment

I used some home brew mortar to set my one piece cast dome into position. I cast it separately. If you are casting the dome in place, clean up the slab well wher the castable will contact the slab. I also made some cuts in the slab with an angle grinder when doing the outer shell so it was keyed in. You could also try that for the inner dome.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

My partner and I have also been discussing creating just a steel dome. Thinking we could bolt it down to the actual frame. Do you think we would need to add a layer of clay/cement or some other additive on top for insulation? obviously the steel would conduct heat, but I don't know how well it would insulate it. If anyone has any thoughts please share!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X