Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building stand on exisiting slab+tiles

Hi everyone,
    I am starting to build my pizza oven and have bought my first cinder blocks in order to build the stand.
    My garden already has an existing slab of concrete of about 8-10cm - I live in a frost free zone so don't need to worry about that issue.
    On top of the slab there are tiles on which I planned to build the stand. Does anyone have any experience building on tiles or is it necessary for me to remove the tiles and build on the concrete itself?
    Thanks!

There is no reason I know of In the scheme of things an oven is not very heavy

Comment

Hi ALEXZ,

Welcome to the forum. I agree with Toomulla. If your concrete slab and the tiles were installed properly they will be just fine to build upon. However, I'm not sure how you were planning on installing the the "cinder blocks". Many people dry stack them and fill every other core with concrete. I would at least lay the bottom layer in a bed of mortar to spread the weight evenly over the tiles.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

i would score the tile with a grinder along the line of the cinder block - that way if they crack it wont be noticeable as the crack will go along the block.....make sense?
        Cheers

Greg

My Build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...erra-australia

Photo Album: https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...JZX8QMLT_9mVj7

Comment

Originally posted by fnbroken View Post
          i would score the tile with a grinder along the line of the cinder block - that way if they crack it wont be noticeable as the crack will go along the block.....make sense?
          It does make sense to me and it is a great idea.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks so much for all your responses - it is really appreciated!

Comment

Working...
            X