Cost estimation for brick woodfired oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost estimation for brick woodfired oven

I am interested in building my own wood fired oven. I have been using the ooni pro for like 2 months and have really loved the results, now I want to take it to the next level and have the ability to open something in the future. I was thinking of building the 42" size shown in the fornobravo guide. Usually my pizzas are between 11-12 inches. How many will fit in this oven, when taking into account the fire pit? Also I would like to get an idea of the cost, only for the materials. I'd like the oven to be brick, both for durability and aesthetics. The foundation (where the oven sits) is not important, whatever is cheapest, the oven won't be for show I'll be using it at least once a week for my own use, and hopefully even more in the future. Thanks

Welcome! It all depends on the cost of materials in your area, of course. For mine, I did a pretty big foundation, probably more than I needed and all my bricks were free. I had ordinary bricks for my base and fire bricks for the dome and entrance arch, and those were all free as they were from old night-store heaters. If I needed to buy the firebricks, it would have cost, probably, another $600 in materials, but firebricks are expensive here. In concrete, I spent around $600 and around $250 for cement and $350 for fire cement. Reinforcing steel for the concrete slab was few dozen beers and the flue was an old flue I had in storage.

Earthquakes are a consideration here, so my foundation was built so as to ensure that a moderate shake will not destroy my oven.
    My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
    My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

It also depends on the quality of materials and prices in your region. Prices do differ from manufacturer, and the difference can be up to several hundred dollars.

Comment

Working...
      X