Clear All

• Travelinman
    replied
    Thanks, Greg!

Leave a comment:

• P3 Stoaker
    replied
    G'day Travelinman,
    I'm not 100% but I think the flare you refer to is in the "length" of the vent or opening? If this is correct the flare as far as I know is to allow for a door to be fitted against a reveal so as to keep the heat in. I've just completed my entry and I didn't do a flare, I have a reveal around 30mm which will allow a door to be installed.
    Regards
    Greg

Leave a comment:

• Travelinman
    replied
    I just read through the Pompeii Plans download, twice. I am glad the most of the early platform I accomplished correctly. thanks to advice here.

I still have the same question, though.

At the door opening there are flairs on some projects. It looks like a flair for access. Maybe 21" flaring out to 24-25" over a distance of 12" deep.

Any idea if there are drawings of the flared entrance to use? I am concerned about the brickwork with the flared entrance and the angles.

Thanks, all.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    The plans are a good baseline but somewhat dated and there have been many improvements developed by the members. It will give you a good start for design and layout and the members can fill in the gaps/

Leave a comment:

• Travelinman
    replied
    UtahBeaver:

I just was able to download the plans! Thanks!
    The plans are as good as the forum and site, in general.

Thanks, again.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    I suggest you download the free eplans from our host Forno Bravo, This info is in the plans and is based on the size and type of oven.

Leave a comment:

• Travelinman
    started a topic Opening of WFO measurements?

Opening of WFO measurements?

Hey Builders!

I have not found actual measurements of the arch opening and angled actual opening.

I am guessing the the inner arch is 18.5" and the outer arch is 21.5"-22.5" based on looking at photos. This would create a wider opening for cooking but still have the narrow opening for heat.

is there a post or info on these measurements?

Thanks to all.
Working...
X