X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joemyself
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    I used FoamGlas in my build as the first layer, then the CaSi. This version of FoamGlas has a little less compressive strength, mine was 90 PSI but 60 PSI although lower is acceptable. I am a little miffed by the temperature range, ie the 126 F 800 F will never be seen with the CaSi on top.
    Thanks so much Russel. For some reason I couldn't find Foamglas any higher than 60psi on Distribution International. Maybe I overlooked it, I will check again. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    I used FoamGlas in my build as the first layer, then the CaSi. This version of FoamGlas has a little less compressive strength, mine was 90 PSI but 60 PSI although lower is acceptable. I am a little miffed by the temperature range, ie the 126 F 800 F will never be seen with the CaSi on top.

Leave a comment:

• joemyself
    started a topic Is this the right Foamglas?

Is this the right Foamglas?

Hoping that at least one of the many smart individuals on this forum can please let me know if this is the right Foamglas. I plan on doing 2" foamglas and 2" CaSi board on top. I just need someone to sign off and then I'm off to ordering the material! Just a simple yes or no answer. Thanks!

Compressive Strength : 60 psi
    Density : 7.18 pcf
    Flame Spread Index : 0
    Flexural Strength : 41 psi
    Insulation Thickness : 2 in
    Item Name : Foamglas Block
    Length : 24 in
    Material : Foamglass
    Smoke Developed Index : 0
    Sub Brand : ONE
    Temperature Rating : 121 to 800 deg F
    Thermal Conductivity : 0.14 to 0.54 Btu-in/hr-sq-ft-deg F