Firebrick dealer in Northern California Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebrick dealer in Northern California Bay Area

Hello. New to the forum. Can anyone recommend someone who will sell firebrick retail in the Bay Area, CA? This info will help whether to make the brick oven or go with buying a precast. Thanks, Stella

Re: Firebrick dealer in Northern California Bay Area

The Bay area is a big place. Just call the nearest masonry dealer and go from there. I know there is a manufacturer in Sacramento.

Les...
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Northern CA Bay Area firebrick
      So I have found firebrick for sale at Sugar City, Pinole, CA and a Larms in Oakland, CA
      Having just installed a Forno Brava Casa I'm actually going to try to build a brick oven now. Different location of course.
      Does anyone know where I can get fire clay to mix my own mortar in the bay area? I can go as far south as San Jose, and as wide as Concord, even Sonoma and of course San Francisco. (Nice to have friends spread out)
      Thanks

Comment

Hey Stellawood,
        If you are interested, you can swing by the showroom in Windsor and pick up Refmix. You won't have any shipping (and as a happy customer we can cut you a deal!).
        Let me know what you think.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by stellawood View Post
          Does anyone know where I can get fire clay to mix my own mortar in the bay area?
          Hi Stellawood,
          I learned while building my oven that fire clay is commonly added to mortar by masons to make the mortar creamier. I think they call it "mortar clay" or "mason's clay" or something like that. Any masonary supply place should have it.

dusty

Comment

Stella, Dusty is right fireclay is pretty common at masonary supply dealers. I mixed my own with fireclay and it worked perfect. You should be able to find it pretty close to home.

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X