We get a lot of requests for a layout that includes a fireplace below and a pizza oven above. That is what Christo was looking for in his posting on the Introductions Forum.

What I am grappling with is how to vent the fireplace below without making the pizza oven above to small it isn't worth doing. So far, we have see examples of a nice big fireplace below, with a tiny oven above, or the nice oven in Japan, where the pizza oven looks great, but the grill and fireplace below doesn't appear to be vented -- other than out the front. That should work for charcoal, but not a fireplace or even wood coals. I think it would be too smoky and sooty.

http://fornobravo.com/forum/showthre...=2165#post2165

I met a family here in NorCal that has an up/down set up -- all handmade. They say it isn't perfect, but that it works.

My hope is that this group can come up with a method for venting the chimeny for the fireplace back at an angle, then up behind the pizza oven, and that we can come up with a footprint that is reasonable (not huge) and that the pizza oven on top ends up a nice, useful size.

I think that could be a nice project -- if it is possible to engineer it.

Comments and input on this are greatly appreciated. I have a simple CAD/drawing program, and can do mechanical drawings, if that would help.

James