Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • aceves
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    UPDATE!!!

    I have poured my hearth!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! Now I wait for the hearth to dry a bit before I start with my Pompeii dome!! I've decided to go with FB board for the insulation below the oven floor instead of vermicrete. Reasons: convenience; time; cost; and forum members' responses re: reasons for FB board v. vermicrete.

    I will post pics of the hearth pour before and after as soon as I get back to CA. My family and I are currently visiting DC.

    Take care and talk to you soon. I CAN'T WAIT TO START ON MY DOME!!!

    aceves

    Leave a comment:


  • aceves
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    Hi mjseaner,

    My foundation slab (at the very bottom) for the oven measures 82 x 82 inches. The actual block wall where the hearth slab will be poured measures 70 x 70 inches. My oven will measure 42 inches in diameter. Because it's a corner install, the hearth slab opening, where the landing will go, measures 38 inches.

    The countertop and seating areas to the sides are much longer of course (I cannot recall those dimensions at the moment).

    Hope this helps.

    Feel free to ask any more questions. We're here to help, and the forum members have helped me plenty already!!!

    Let us know when you start your build, and post pics!!

    aceves

    Leave a comment:


  • mjseaner
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    I am considering a similar install. What will your oven diameter be and what dimensions did you use for the block wall for the hearth slab? Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • mjseaner
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    What are the exterior dimensions of your block walls for the hearth slab?

    Leave a comment:


  • mjseaner
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    That looks great. What size oven are you going to build? I am considering a 40 or 42 inch oven with a corner install but i am still uncertain of the exact block dimensions.

    Leave a comment:


  • dusty
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    Originally posted by aceves View Post
    Dusty,
    What made you go with the slate countertops over another style countertops?
    I had aquired a bunch of them over the years with the idea of doing something with them someday. When countertop time came, I figured that I had better use them - like this must be what I had been saving them for.

    I like them but they must not ever be in the sun. They are black and get very hot.

    dusty

    Leave a comment:


  • aceves
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    Dusty,

    What made you go with the slate countertops over another style countertops? I'm trying to figure out what style countertops to put on my backyard kitchen and am taking all suggestions. Did you consider concrete or tile? Pros and cons on these other options? Thanks!!

    aceves

    Leave a comment:


  • aceves
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    Thanks Mark!

    Yes, the oven/kitchen plan had been in the works for quite some time. I figured it would be better to do it all at once than keep adding to it later on. I like your seating area too! And by the way, your build is coming along great! That herringbone section you added turned out great!

    aceves
    Last edited by aceves; 02-18-2009, 03:29 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • dusty
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    Awesome! Great start.

    And man does that foundation look familiar.

    Keep up the good work and keep us posted. Let me know if I can help.

    dusty

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    Very nice! Its great to be able to have a complete plan and do it all at once. I found this forum way too late for that. Looking forward to following your build. Keep the pix coming.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Les
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    Aceves,

    That's going to be a great looking build - love the layout. Don't wory about the weather, your're going to working in 100 deg + temps before you know it.

    Les...

    Leave a comment:


  • aceves
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    Thanks Telehort!!

    Glad to meet another builder in the Sacto/Rocklin area!! Your oven looks great!! I'm also incorporating the two lights on the face of my oven, with the addition of a few electrical outlets, for kitchen - blender duties. I can't wait for the weather to clear up so I can continue with my project!

    I'll post some pics of the wood deck I'm building right next to the backyard kitchen. I hope everything turns out great!

    Let's keep each other posted, Telehort!

    aceves

    Leave a comment:


  • telehort
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    The pictures look great! Great to see another oven in the Sacramento area getting built.

    Leave a comment:


  • aceves
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    Thanks Carlos!

    I'll definitely keep you all posted. And congratulations on your completion of the dome. Yours looks great!! I'm looking forward to working and completing my dome soon too! Saludos a San Jose!

    aceves

    Leave a comment:


  • carloswlkr
    replied
    Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

    Looks great! Good luck on the build, and keep posting pics!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X