Oven Height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven Height

What should the height of the oven dome be if my interior diameter is 34.5"?

Re: Oven Height

Daniel
    Dome height is not necessarily influenced by inside diameter of the floor although if you were doing a purely sperical dome the dome height would be equal to the radius. The important ratio is of the dome height to the door height and in that case the door should be 62 to 65 percent of the finished dome height...I might suggest you shoot for a 16 inch high dome and that would make your door height about 10 inches and be maybe 16 inches wide...
    Hope this helps!
    Best
    Dutch

Originally posted by daniel5455 View Post
    What should the height of the oven dome be if my interior diameter is 34.5"?
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Here is my setup so far.

i have a inner diameter of 34 1/4" the door opening is 18 1/4 " by 14 1/4" high. I wanted to do a dome height of 24" is there going to be a problem with this setup. Also the mortar i am useing is the 1311 formula from the pompeii instructions. Will this work? I only laid 2 courses.

Comment

Dutchoven,
        If i use that formula i think im good. If i do 62% of 24" height that leads me about 14.88" height of the door. I wanted a 18" opening so that i wont have any issues with the wood pizza paddle.

Comment

Everything should be fine...trust your research and have fun with the build...post lots of pictures too...they help us help you sometimes
          All the best!
          Dutch
          "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
          "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
          X