Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I would love to build my brick oven!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I would love to build my brick oven!

I would love to build my brick oven but I have several questions... I live in Northern Jersey and as you know the winter can be heavy around here. So my question number One is... Are outdoor brick ovens suitable northern Jersey? Also what would be the average cost of a 36" diameter Oven? Thanks.

Re: Hi, I would love to build my brick oven!

Suitable for NJ - yes! Cost - depends on how good a scavenger you are. Plan on at least a couple grand. Some have done it for much less, some for much more.
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

hey al,
      i am in NNJ (paramus) and am about done pouring the top slab and ready to do the vermiculite insulation slab. So far no problems, right now my costs are about 1200.00 and i expect to hit around 2000-2500. If you have any questions send me a PM

P.S. my oven will be a 48 inch.

Mark

Comment

hi so far i used 11 bags of concrete 2 concrete boards framed out poured the harth out lined the floor with fire brick pourd 1 shove full of portland cement 5 shoval fulls of vermiculight let set up put fire brick floor on top built arounnd floor.120 fire brick split in have with paver cutter.2 bags. 1,15# bucket of bheat stop morter 45.00 a bag 20.00 for the bucket,2 bags of vermiculite,2-3 bags of portland cement,30 or 40 regular hous brick 2.5 weeks wkend after work

Comment

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	chimminy 031.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	985.4 KB
ID:	274633[/ATTACH] here ars some picturesClick image for larger version

Name:	chimminy 011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,003.0 KB
ID:	274634

Comment

Working...
          X