Brickwork practice in garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brickwork practice in garden

So the winter garden is transplanted and thriving, so far. The plants are still small but they're getting established quickly. I think we've mostly gotten the weeds under control, and we have the yard pretty much cleaned up. It no longer looks quite so much like a construction zone, which makes my wife quite happy. We cleaned off the brick patio, leveled off the ground between the beds, and laid down some decomposed granite in the rest of the yard... cleaner than dirt, lower maintenance than grass, more comfortable than gravel. Our daughter Mira can now play outside without too much danger, and we can get on with our outdoor living... just in time for winter!

For the winter, we planted cabbage (red and white), kale, bok choy, arugula, lettuce (romaine, red leaf, and buttercrunch), onions (red, white, and yellow), broccoli, cauliflower, swiss chard, and garlic.
    -jamie

My oven build is finally complete!

Comment

and laid down some decomposed granite in the rest of the yard
      never heard of it ?? is it something you can buy at home desperate ??Sounds nice and the yard looks great

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

Try rock and gravel or landscaping supply places. It also has the benefit of being cheaper than pea gravel and far, far easier to walk on than rough 1/2 or 3/4 crush. It looks basically like something halfway between sand and gravel, and compacts to something that looks alot like bare dirt but doesn't get muddy. It's alot like the old cinder track surface so many of us remember from high school gym and track.
        -jamie

My oven build is finally complete!

Comment

Working...
        X