My turn...finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My turn...finally

Been a long time coming but I have finally gotten started again...got the soldier course and the first ring in and am starting in the inner arch tomorrow if the rain holds off. I took some pictures and will post them asap

Peter
    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Finally making progress although I think the arch needs to be softened at the peak....It doesn't seem like a natural arch to me
      Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Hey, it might help to have a little higher inner arch, to let the smoke escape easier. You won't really see the inner arch once you get the outer one on.
        Picasa web album
        Oven-building thread

Comment

Thanks DB,

That makes sense I hadn't thought about it like that

Peter
          Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Doesn't it just figure....rain all weekend when I had the chance to be working on the oven and today when I am actually at work it is the perfect day....Ahh well, I will leave early and get a few hours of work in hopefully
            Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Inner arch is in...need to mix up another batch of homebrew and finish up the joints. Also cut the transition and start for the next ring, possibly impossible to do without an angle grinder and diamond blade. I ssem to be having trouble with pictures uploading so I will get them on later

Peter
              Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Here are the photos....File was to big

Peter
                Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Peter and I am a perfectionist...I can't help it but I am fighting it. My oven building Mantra..."it doesn't have to be perfect" over and over again...help me please.
                  Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

When everyone is enjoying the great pizzas, really, you'll know the mistakes, but not too many other people. I am sure it is coming along fine, enjoy the time building because once it's built, it's built Take lot's of pictures so you can make a movie as a keepsake of the build

Tim
                    My Build Thread

Comment

Tim,

Thanks for the words of wisdom..I of course knew all that but it helps to hear it from someone else. I know it won't be perfect but I like it anyway. I managed to get almost all the way around on the next course..still need to tie into the arch on one side; and I got the form removed..Pictures later today

Peter
                      Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

2nd course is done, the rain is starting and I am heading to work...There is always tomorrow. Here are the latest pics

Peter
                        Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Third course is done and 4th is started..progress is a good thing.

Peter
                          Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

4th course is done and 5th is started and bricks cut for 5th as well...It was extremely hot today so I didn't get too much done. Anchor plate arrived in the mail today..Many thanks Sean...Plus as you can see I have chosen stone for the exterior. I got a great deal on it on craigslist; I hope it gets me close to finished... Slow and steady wins the race!!!

Peter
                            Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

I really like that stone, very nice find. How about these storms we've been getting? Last year we didn't have hardly any storms and it was mostly cool, not so this time...You must be drinking a ton of something out in this heat!
                              My Build Thread

Comment

Tim,

I actually called it a day yesterday because of the heat...Later in the evening when it cooled off some I did get out and get some bricks cut before the rains started up again. I am hoping to get the 5th finished this afternoon..Although my wife has mentioned something yardworkish. It is starting to look like an oven

Peter
                                Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Working...
                                X