X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mr Gs Aussie Castable oven.

Originally posted by david s View Post
    add 2% by weight. Try Antec Engineering.FIBR446/25-C
    2% is lighter than the normal 2.5% that is recommended for refractory work. I would be going higher, useing about 5%.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
      add 2% by weight. Try Antec Engineering.FIBR446/25-C
      2% is lighter than the normal 2.5% that is recommended for refractory work. I would be going higher, useing about 5%. there is a product called fibrestone, made by Sila in Perth that uses 60% s/s fibres. It is used for very high load areas. A high % wont hurt a dome.

Comment

Hi guys, I might have photos of the themometer installation but there wasn't much science to it. I simply drilled through the outer shell with a masonary bit without the hammer action and when I got to the inner refractory shell I switched over to hammer. I installed it beside the oven entrance so I could read it easily.
        I haven't used any needles or certainly no re-bar. We have had a few ovens going now for a couple years with many dozens if firings with no cracking what so ever. The only thing I would change with the design is an 8 inch flue instead of a six inch flue.

p.s - I had no previous experience so if I can do it anybody can.

Cheers for now.
        Mr G.

Comment

Hi guys, getting the band back together. Planning on making another three ovens.
          Hope to make an 800mm diameter oven for my parents and a couple based on my earlier design. I will make a few minor changes to the oven but it will essentially be the same design. I'll add some photos when I'm ready to go.
          P.s - you move home and it's not that easy to take the thing with you hence the new project. Anyway , I love building the damn things. ��

Comment

Working...
          X